SecureCRT protects your passwords, user accounts, and data, combining rock-solid terminal emulation A program that emulates a terminal. with the strong encryption The process of converting a data transmission into a secret format that cannot easily be read by unauthorized individuals. See also: decryption. , broad authentication The process of verifying that an individual truly is who he or she claims to be. Supplying a password is a very common method of authentication. The most secure method of authentication supported in SecureCRT is public-key authentication. See also: identity file, public-private key pair. options, and data integrity The concept that information can be verified as original and unaltered. If data integrity is ensured, information can only be modified by those with proper authorization. See also: MAC. of the Secure Shell protocol.
SecureCRT provides versatile solutions for a wide range of business, network management, information security, and development tasks, from accessing host-based applications and administering servers to securely accessing behind-the-firewall network resources like e-mail, files, and printers.
SecureCRT supports SSH1 The first version of the SSH protocol which provides a way to encrypt network traffic between a client and a server. , SSH2 The second version of the SSH protocol which provides a way to encrypt network traffic between a client and a server, with a slightly different set of security features than the SSH1 protocol provides. , Telnet Telnet is a protocol that provides an interface for communications between clients and servers. , Telnet/SSL Telnet over SSL (Secure Sockets Layer), a cryptographic communications protocol used to encrypt network traffic over the internet. , RLogin, Serial, and TAPI Telephony API. A standard developed by Intel and Microsoft that manages access to phone lines on a Windows PC. This terminal emulation application uses TAPI to provide phone dialer options. TAPI compliant programs can be running at the same time, using the modem to dial out or receive calls on an "as needed" basis. protocols and authentication via password, public key, X.509 certificate, and Kerberos v5 via GSSAPI. Ciphers include AES, Twofish, Blowfish, 3DES, and RC4.
Choose from a wide range of terminal emulations including VT100, VT102, VT220, ANSI, SCO ANSI, Wyse 50/60, Xterm, and Linux console – all with ANSI color. Multibyte character sets are supported for Japanese, Korean, and Chinese, as is support for scalable line-drawing fonts.
SecureCRT features a multi-session tabbed interface with extensive session management and customization features. Customization options include toolbars, menus, keymaps, and login scripts, as well as fonts, cursors, and color schemes. A combination of session settings that specify a variety of colors associated with the terminal window, including foreground and background.
Named sessions and firewalls let you create individual configurations that can be used on a session-specific basis. Other features include the Activator tray utility to minimize desktop clutter, auto logon, printing, Emacs mode, and SOCKS firewall support.
Powerful scripting capabilities, including ActiveX scripting support for VBScript and other scripting languages, save you valuable time by automating routine configuration tasks. Secure file transfers can be performed using Zmodem, Zmodem is a file transfer protocol that touts speed and reliability. In this terminal emulation application, it provides a mechanism for secure file transfers as long as the remote machine has Zmodem support installed. or Xmodem from an SSH1 or SSH2 session
SecureCRT and the SecureFX file transfer client can be integrated, letting you share global and session options and the host key database so configuring a server connection only needs to be done once.
For a list of new features in CRT, see New in SecureCRT 5.2.
Support for SSH1 and SSH2 Secure Shell protocols
· SSH2 Protocol support:
· AES, Twofish, Blowfish, 3DES, and RC4 ciphers.
· RSA and DSA host key support.
· Multiple ordered authentication methods, ciphers and MACs.
· Public Key Assistant makes it easier to upload public keys.
· Local port forwarding, X11 forwarding, Remote forwarding, Dynamic forwarding.
· MD5, MD5-96, SHA1, and SHA1-96 MACs.
· RSA, DSA, public-key, and password authentication methods.
· SFTP tab creates an SFTP session to an existing SSH session.
· SSH1 Protocol support:
· Blowfish, DES, 3DES, and RC4 ciphers.
· RSA, TIS, and password authentication.
· Local port forwarding, X11 forwarding.
· Named sessions store different preferences for different hosts.
· Tabbed sessions allow multiple sessions in the same window.
· Option to minimize SecureCRT windows to the Activator utility in the system tray.
· A session can be logged to a file.
Configuration & Customization
· Easy configuration of basic SSH, port forwarding, remote forwarding and other settings in Session Options dialog.
· Named firewalls.
· Customizable toolbar and menus.
· User-defined number of savelines (scrollback) up to 32,000.
· User-configurable number of rows and columns.
· User-defined foreground, background, and bold colors.
· User-defined keymaps.
· User-defined word delimiter characters for double-click.
· Emacs mode maps ALT+<key> to send ESC+<key>.
Advanced Terminal Emulation
· Quality VT100, VT102, VT220, Linux console, SCO ANSI, Wyse 50/60, Xterm, and ANSI emulation:
· VT line drawing.
· Support for bold, underline, and reverse attributes.
· Double-width and double-height fonts.
· 80/132 column switching.
· VT100 and VT220 keyboard emulation.
· Optional ANSI color.
· 256-color Xterm.
· Xterm extensions for mouse support and changing title bar.
· Multi-byte character set support for Japanese, Korean, and Chinese.
· Variable compression increases performance on slow connections.
· Simple interface for automating logins.
· Support for Telnet and RLogin protocols:
· Telnet supports Negotiate About Window Size (NAWS).
· Telnet supports Local Flow control (LFLOW).
· Support for Telnet/SSL.
· Serial (COM) device support on Windows 2003, XP, and 2000.
· Integration with SecureFX 3.x or higher.
· Scripting language support for VBScript and JScript.
· Zmodem and Xmodem file transfer (upload and download).
· Printing: auto print, selection, screen, and pass-through printing.
· Modem dialer support - configure and save modem, country code, phone, and redial settings.
· SOCKS firewall support with password authentication.
· Unauthenticated and basic HTTP proxy support.
· Generic proxy firewall support.
· Copy and paste, including an "auto copy" option and paste on middle or right mouse click.
· Chat window option provides an editable type-ahead buffer with history support.
· Support for use from the command line or web browsers.
· Support for standard insertion caret so that it can be tracked by screen access technology for the blind.