Kodi is an award-winning free and open source software media player and entertainment hub for HTPCs (Home theater PCs). It uses a 10-foot user interface designed for use as a media player for the living room, with a remote control as the main input device. With its graphical user interface (GUI), users can easily browse and view videos, photos, podcasts, and music from hard drives, optical discs, local networks, and the internet.
Kodi's official version does not contain any content. The content you provide should come from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-ray or any other media carrier you own. Additionally, Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to free content available on the official websites of content providers. Team Kodi does not endorse or approve any other method of watching illegal content that would otherwise be paid for.
Estuary is the new standard skin and is designed for speed and ease of use.
Kodi can now be used on larger smartphones and tablets with the skin Estouchy. Kodi is not intended or recommended for use on smaller phones or tablets.
- Media and content are not provided or included by Kodi.
- Content must be provided by the user or a third-party plug-in must be installed
- Kodi has no affiliation with any third-party plug-in or add-on provider what so ever.
- Streaming copyright protected material without permission is not endorsed by us.
- If you want to upgrade from a previous version, you must have installed an official version from Team Kodi. It may not be possible to upgrade to another version.